Thursday, October 23, 2008

Red's Interview with Wayne Rooney



Not really. Going to Everton to myself is something I look forward to at the start of every season. I can't wait for it to come around. It's the day after my birthday this year and I'm sure it will be a nice present if I can score and we can win.

We take it your birthday celebration will be on hold until after the match...

Yes! I'll be in a hotel with the team on my birthday (Friday) so I won't see any of my family until Saturday.

Will there be mixed feelings for your family if you score against Everton?

Yes, I'm sure there will be. Most of my family support Everton and they go to all the games so I'm sure they'll want a score draw with me scoring - I think that would be a perfect result for my family. But I'm looking to try and get the victory for United which is important to us now we're in a good run of form. We need to continue that.

Will Everton's poor run make them more dangerous, like a wounded animal?

No, I think it's the same whenever we go there. The Everton fans are always really up for the game and my going back there gives them extra incentive to get behind their team. Their players work really hard and put a lot of pressure on you when you've got the ball. We have to just play our game and hopefully be good enough to win.

Thanks for reading!