The financial results confirm United's leading position in world sport based on the team's on-field success, Old Trafford's expansion and increased sponsorship revenue.
The Key factors in United's increased financial results are as follows:
- Group turnover increased 27% to 210m of pound
- Gross turnover ( including sales from Nike and MUTV) rose 21% to 245m of pound
- Profit before tax jumped 93% to 59.6m of pound
- Matchday revenue up 30% to 92.6m of pound, reflecting successful expansion of Old Trafford, increasing capacity to over 76,000
- Media revenue up 35% to 61.5m of pound, due to semi-final appearance in the UEFA Champions league, finalist in the FA Cup and winning the Barclays Premier League
- Comercial revenue up 15% to 56m of pound, due to the first year of the world record AIG shirt and accompanying financial services sponsorship deals, increase in the Nike Contract and new platinum sponsor, Kumho Tires, Betfred and Hestium
- Wages to turnover ratio fell to 43.6% comfortably within the Club's historic aim to keep the figure around 50%
- The Club continues to be the only one in the Premier League to disclose the total payments in the year to players agents - a practice it believes to be something all clubs should adopt.
- Independent research indicates that the Club has 333 millions followers around the world with 139 millions 'core' fans.