Monday, January 26, 2009

Red's Interview with Michael Carrick

Who's the greatest midfielder of all time?

Wow, what a question! It's hard to single anybody out. I can only talk about the ones I've played with, or against. Scholesy's got to be up there, Roy Keane as well. They're that stand out for me.

What other sports are you good at?

Whether or not I'm good at it is another matter, but I like my golf. I don't get to play as much as I'd like, or enough to get any better, but I do enjoy it.

Who did you support as a boy and can you remember your first match?

I supported Newcastle United when I was young and I vaguely remember going to watch them play Queens Park Rangers at St James' Park. I don't know how old I was though.

You've been all around the world, but what's the strangest thing you've eaten?

To be honest, when we go away with United we tend to take our own chef or if not we try and eat similar things to what we'd eat here in England. We don't really dive into the local cuisine - purely because we need to make sure we eat the right food. Anyway, I'm not really mad on trying different things. I like to stick to what I know.

If you were Sir Alex, who would you like to sign for the Reds?

That's a hard question. I think we've got a really talented squad at the moment and I can't pinpoint any weaknesses. There are some very good players out there in world football but nobody really stands out for me.

You got married on the same day as Gary Neville and Steven Gerrard. Was that just a coincidence, or a clever way of limiting your dinner guest?

Both, in some ways! No, it was just a clash really. I know I'd been planning my wedding for two years, so it was just a coincidence.



Source: Red View
Thanks for reading!