Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chelsea FC and Man City target Dani Alves insists he won't leave FC Barcelona


Barcelona defender Dani Alves insists he wants to stay at the club until his contract expires in 2016, despite continued speculation linking him with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City.

Dani Alves
Last month it was reported that Chelsea and Man City, along with Premier League rivals Liverpool and Manchester United, had been alerted by the news that Barca could offload the 29-year-old this summer.

Big-spenders Paris Saint-Germain and Anzhi Makhachkala are also thought to be keen on signing the full-back.

But despite claims that the Catalans could look to cash in on one of their most valuable assets this summer, Alves insists he has no plans to leave Camp Nou.

"I have a contract until 2016 and I intend to fulfil it," the Brazil international told Globoesporte.

"I'm happy in Barcelona. A lot of things get said but they are only rumours."

Alves went on to add that he is looking to return to full fitness in time for the London Olympics.

The right-back suffered a dislocated shoulder at the end of last season and is one of six players vying for the three over-23 places available in Mano Menezes' squad for this summer's Olympics.

"I'm working hard to achieve my goal and make myself available to Mano," he said.

"Injuries happen, but what counts is the work I've done before with the Selecao and Mano knows this, so I am calm.

"I'm now beginning a phase of physiotherapy and I'll be fully recovered by early July.

"Mano's responsibility is to choose the best available to represent Brazil in London and I hope that I have the opportunity to realise my dream."
Crunch Sports