Monday, June 18, 2012

Juventus FC make €30m bid for Chelsea FC striker Fernando Torres - report


Juventus have reportedly launched a €30million bid for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.

Torres
Juve have made bringing in a big-name striker a priority this summer and have been linked with the likes of Arsenal captain Robin van Persie and Napoli's Edinson Cavani.

The Serie A champions are believed to have cooled their interest in Cavani after being quoted a whopping €70m, and according to Goal.com, they have turned their attention to Torres.

It is believed Chelsea could be prepared to cash in on Torres should the price be right, although a deal is unlikely to happen until they have brought in a replacement as they continue to be linked with Cavani and Porto striker Hulk.

28-year-old Torres, who is currently in action at Euro 2012, was left out of Roberto Di Matteo's starting line-up for last month's Champions League final win over Bayern Munich, and later hit out at the Blues for their treatment of him, as well as revealing he is considering his future.

And according to Monday's report, Juventus could be prepared to include Italy international Sebastian Giovinco as part of a deal for the former Liverpool forward, although whether he would be of interest to Chelsea remains to be seen.

Speaking last month, Torres had told Spanish journalist Guillem Balague at guillembalague.com after being left out of the Champions League final side: "I thought I would play in this game and I couldn't imagine not doing so. But in the end I could participate and offer the team something. I'm really happy.

"This season I have felt things that I never had before. I've felt like they treated me in a way that I didn't expect. Not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We've had a lot of talks and we'll talk about my future.

"I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me.

"Now I do feel like football is worth it but I've been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. I don't want that again. There's been many times when I've felt lost, I wasn't sure what to do. I felt like I didn't know where I belonged."

Before kick-off, and also before being told he would not be taking a spot-kick during the penalty shootout, Torres' body language suggested all was not well.

And when reeling off a list of those he was thankful to at the club, he left out Di Matteo's name.

The Spaniard added: "I'm eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me.

"And especially to the fans, if it hadn't been for them this season I would have given up."

"I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are, what the club expects of me, and then judge whether it is worth it."