Monday, July 16, 2012

Borini eager to link up with Suarez


New Liverpool signing Fabio Borini is excited at the prospect of working with Luis Suarez and hopes they will be able to lead the club to glory.

Fabio Bonini
Liverpool relied heavily on talismanic striker Suarez for goals last season and the Uruguayan's trickery and close control of the ball often proved to be the key to unlocking even the meanest of defences. 
Suarez's first full season for Liverpool was well regarded by observers, with Borini one of those impressed with the 25-year-old and the Italian striker cannot wait to play alongside him.
Speaking to the Liverpool official website, Borini said: "Suarez is maybe another player who is similar to me because he works very hard in every game. 
"I've watched a few games, and all of Europe wants him. Every player wants to play with him, so it will be a pleasure."
Borini also gave Liverpool fans a hint at what to expect from him and believes his dogged determination was what eventually led him to being a top player.
"I'd describe myself as a player that never gives up and I run a lot. 
"I had difficult times at Chelsea when I was younger because I came from Italy. It was very difficult, I tried to be strong for myself and demonstrate to people I could do it. 
"That is an achievement I have made and why I am here."
The former Roma player also spoke of his excitement at being able to ply his trade in front of the famously supportive Anfield crowd.
"It's a dream for everyone to play at Anfield
"Playing at Anfield will be amazing. I know the fans are very warm and they're here for football," he added.
Borini is also hoping he will be able to bring success to his new team and get them back into the top tier of football.
"I hope to achieve the maximum I can, by scoring goals, getting into the Champions League and all of the things the club also wants - and all the other players."
Borini enjoyed a good season with Roma, scoring 10 goals in 26 appearances and his form ESPNSTAR