Chelsea have reportedly agreed a £25million deal "in principle" to sign Internacional attacker Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Junio.
|Oscar dos Santos|
Chelsea's interest in Oscar was confirmed by Internacional late last week following reports suggesting the Blues were confident of wrapping up a deal for the 20-year-old.
Internacional president Giovanni Luigi had in the past 24 hours said that a deal was edging closer, but insisted Oscar would only join Chelsea if the Premier League club were prepared to make it the biggest transfer in the country's history.
The deal appeared to be on the rocks just hours after Luigi's comments to a South American radio station, as his representative, Carlos Meinberg Neto, claimed he and his client were "no longer in talks with Chelsea."
But according to Sky Sports News - who Neto had earlier spoken to - a deal is now in place after the Blues improved on their opening £20m offer.
Neto had on Monday afternoon said: "The first proposal of Chelsea was refused by Internacional, and I believe that it is difficult for Chelsea to make a counter-offer for the player.
"Right now, we are no longer in talks with Chelsea."
However, with a fee now believed to have been agreed, the path is clear for the Brazil international, who is expected to arrive in the United Kingdom on Tuesday with the Brazilian Olympic team, to become Chelsea's third major signing of the summer following the recent arrivals of Marko Marin and Eden Hazard.
Oscar's arrival would take Chelsea's summer spending up to around £65m.