Sao Paulo have confirmed that they have received bids from Manchester United and Real Madrid for Lucas Moura.
|Lucas of Sao Paulo|
But according to Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, the South American club have not received an offer from Inter Milan, despite Inter president Massimo Moratti declaring he is keen on luring the Brazil international to Italy.
Moura, who has also been linked with Chelsea, is one of a number of players who are believed to be on Man Utd's radar, and on Friday morning the Daily Mail reported that the club's chief scout, Jim Lawlor, was in Brazil on Thursday in a bid to tie up a £25million deal for the highly-rated 19-year-old.
But it appears United face competition from Spanish champions Real Madrid.
Speaking to FCInternews.it, Jesus Lopes claimed Inter were yet to table a bid for Moura, but indicated that he had received offers from both England and Spain.
"I can say that we have not yet received any official offer from Inter for Lucas, nor have we received any information about any proposal from them," he said.
"With regards to the offers from Manchester United and Real Madrid, we are studying them internally. We cannot say anything else for obvious reasons.
"Everyone knows that there is a release clause of €80million for all those who want to sign Lucas."
United are thought to be confident of signing the teenager and are keen on completing a deal before Moura represents his country at the London Olympics.
Moratti had earlier on Friday told his club's official website: "Yes we have, but the progress that has been made is to see whether or not there is a chance [to buy the player].
"Now we have to see if we can manage to carry it out. These are things that have to take place by putting everything together, which also means taking a look at our revenue.
"He [Lucas] is a player that has great talent. We are watching him closely.''