- Manchester United are confident of beating Manchester City in the race to sign Arsenal captain Robin van Persie, according to theSunday Telegraph.
- Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has blasted Luka Modric for "making things worse" after the midfielder, who wants to secure a move to Real Madrid, snubbed the club's pre-season tour and flew home to Croatia.
- Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele, according to The People.
- Chelsea and Manchester City have been told they will have to pay €100million if they are to sign Napoli striker Edinson Cavani this summer.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed he still plans to make further signings this summer - but the number will depend on how many of his existing squad are offloaded.
- Arsenal are one of several Premier League clubs considering launching a bid for Santos playmaker Ganso, according toESPN.
- Barcelona vice-president Javier Faus has warned fans that the club have to be cautious in the transfer market if they are to remain financially sustainable.
- Liverpool are keen on signing Barcelona's teenage forward Gerard Deulofeu, according to The People.
- Arsenal have been told to increase their bid for Caen forward M'Baye Niang as Manchester City and Tottenham show interest, according to The People.