- Arsene Wenger says he wants to bring in "the best players", but the Arsenal manager has warned fans not to expect a spate of big-money deals.
"The [transfer] policy is exactly the same - I always want to bring the best players in here, world-class players, at the best possible price," Wenger told the club's official website.
"And I want to continue to educate 60 to 80 per cent of the squad ourselves. The culture of the club, the way we want to play football and the way we want to behave, comes from within.
"The [Jack] Wilsheres, the [Aaron] Ramseys, the [Kieran] Gibbs - these kind of players have to be the culture of the club. Then on top of that we want to bring world-class players who will help us to be even stronger."
- Arsenal will be offered Real Madrid striker Karin Benzema at a bargain £20million in January as the Spanish club step up their bid to sign Luis Suarez from Liverpool, according to Metro.
- Juventus have told Chelsea that they will have to pay about £40million for midfielder Paul Pogba, according to the Daily Express.
- Real Madrid have hinted that Monaco striker Radamel Falcao is a possible transfer target.
Real president Florentino Perez told Punto Pelota: "He won’t come in January but in June, who knows?
"Nothing is impossible and there is a lot of time between now and then. Falcao is a great player and I am aware that he wants to play for Madrid. I am aware of that, but it’s normal. They told me."
- Manchester United and Manchester City are to wedge a spanner in the works before Andres Iniesta signs a new deal with Barcelona, according to the Daily Express.
- Thomas Vermaelen has admitted he is considering leaving Arsenal in January.
- Wilfried Zaha will seek a loan move in January after failing to make a competitive appearance for Manchester United since his £15million summer arrival from Crystal Palace, according to the Daily Telegraph.
- Michu has again dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from Swansea.