- Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is the latest player on Arsenal's January transfer hit-list, according to the Daily Mirror.
- Liverpool are lining up a bid for Hamburg defender Dennis Aogo after learning that the German international could be available for as little as £2.5m, according to the Daily Express.
- Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed he tried to sign Manchester United playmaker Shinji Kagawa last year while he was in charge of Real Madrid.
Mourinho was quoted by Japanese publication Shukan Bunshun as saying about why the transfer didn't happen: "It was not being able to always play at Real Madrid. My first choice at the time was Mesut Ozil. I told him honestly without hiding it."
- Barcelona are ready to rekindle their interest in Manchester City's Sergio Aguero after being encouraged to pursue the striker by Argentina teammate Lionel Messi, according to the Daily Express.
- Jackson Martinez has revealed that he is prepared to leave Porto for a bigger club, and according to the Daily Star, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham are interested in his services.
- Manchester United manager David Moyes is weighing up a sensational move for Andres Iniesta after being alerted to a rift between the star midfielder and his Barcelona bosses, according to the Daily Mail.